Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Matt. 23

Jesus originated the saying, "Practice what you preach." It is way easier to TELL others who they should be than to actually BE a person they should emulate.  The problem with the hypocrites was that they knew what should be done, but they didn't actually do it.  Jesus said, "do what they say, but don't do what they do."

Actually becoming who God desires, is STEP ONE to helping others to be more obedient to him.  To often I actually know what to do, but haven't actually put it into practice.  I find myself saying, "don't do what I did." Wouldn't it be better to say, "Do what I did, it will be worth it."?

Live an emulatable life today. 

Read it here.



1 comment:

  1. I need to focus on this with regard to helping my kids become more obedient.

    ReplyDelete