Tuesday, October 7, 2014

2Tm4

Do you ever wonder what spending time with the apostle Paul would have actually been like? What level of intensity would he have brought into the meetings? Do you think you would have gladly followed his leadership or been resistant? 

Paul had no shortage of conflict, from those outside his team and inside his team. He had strong leaders and emerging leaders. People who followed him with pure motives and those who followed for selfish gain. At times he was tender, at times he was harsh. His written words were weighty and powerful, his ability to win a crowd verbally was "unimpressive". 

I really do wonder what he was like. Would we have been friends? Would I have been on his team? I often discover, after getting to know someone personally, that people are generally not like I thought they were. My ability to "know" someone from a distance is rarely the person that I come to know.

I pray Paul and I would have been close. Honestly, I give it 50/50. That bums me out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment