Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Phl1

God always gets his work completed…on time! Paul's confidence in believers was not in the individual believer. His confidence was in God who saved them!

I am glad that we cannot save ourselves! I am also grateful that we cannot complete God's work apart from His continued work in us. God always gets His work done. Paul was confident in this fact and took great comfort in it.

My dad always says, "ministry would be easy if it wasn't for the people!" By that he means that we all make poor choices at times AND those choices have consequences. Yet God is not put off by our poor choices. He called us to Himself and He can complete His work in us.

I pray my life reflects a total willingness to allow God to work. It is not a good idea to resist God.

No comments:

Post a Comment