Monday, November 9, 2015

1Pet1

To all you "temporary residents" of this world…live holy lives. We were made to live in obedience to Christ. Easy to say, hard to do.

I have lived in Ames for almost 40 years. That is most of my life. In 30 years of marriage, my wife and I have lived in 11 different homes. All in Ames. Recently, while filling out a new passport application, I was asked to give my "permanent residence". Without hesitation I put my new address! I could almost guarentee I will be living somewhere else when my new passport expires.

Peter thought about his life on this earth as "temporary". His permanent address was heaven. He lived this life in a manner that reflected that he knew where he would live "permanently". He instructed all of us who have placed our faith in Jesus to live in the same way. 

His theme: Why live our lives for the things that won't last, when we can be living our lives for things that will never fade. We have an inheritance in heaven. Live in the light of that reality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment