Thursday, June 2, 2016

Php1

Wanting "Christ" to be "highly honored in my body, whether by life or by death" was Paul's desire. Is that my desire?

Honestly, I often think my motives are truly conflicted. At times, I feel like I could pray Paul's prayer. Other times, I know that what I want most is for God to honor me! My flesh craves to be honored. My soul longs for Christ to be honored in my life.

Regardless of what is happening in my heart today, I can still choose to live for Jesus. Every day is a choice. Every moment is a choice. Sometimes totally opposite. Other times slightly different. Sometimes obvious to those around us. Other times totally unrecognizable.

Paul writes, "Just one thing: Live your life in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." That "one thing" is a great challenge. It's a worthy goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment