Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2Tm2

Flee from youthful passions, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. - Paul

This is a very active verse.  It calls for "fleeing" and "pursuing"!  It also tells us to do both of these things in the context of others who would share our same pursuits and retreats.  What are you fleeing?  What are you pursuing?  Who are you fleeing and pursuing with?

Paul recognizes that we function best in the context of others.  I am so grateful to be surrounded by men and women in a church who are running hard after Jesus.  It is easy to get caught up in pursuing the very things that I should be running from.

I am so thankful for others in my life to help me stay on the right path.

Read it here.




No comments:

Post a Comment