Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Heb9

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

Robert Lowry in 1876 was inspired by this chapter to write a hymn that is still sung in churches today!  It has rooted deep in our hearts this mysterious truth; only Jesus' death on the cross can take away our sins.  There is nothing else.  Take some time today to listen to the song.  Both the original version and in its rewritten style by Jesus Culture.

Everyone thinks that they hear from God at some time or another.  Many claim to hear His voice constantly.  I love to hear from God and often mistake what I hear from myself as the "voice of God".  Robert Lowry got it right.  He took God's profound truth and put it to music in a way that we all can speak and sing the truth of God. And, we are still singing it!

I will all but guarantee that nothing I say or write will be shaping others 130 years from now!!!  Unless, of course, it is something rooted in God's word.  And even then, someone will likely be saying it better.

Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment