Monday, November 12, 2012

1Pt4

"Above all, maintain an intense love for each other, since love covers a multitude of sins." - Peter

When you love each other, you don't encourage sin, but you are quick to forgive sin.  Peter is acknowledging that it is impossible for us to not sin.  The question is, "What will you do when someone sins against you?"  If you love them, forgiveness comes easy. At least it should.

How many people do you love like that?  I know I am convicted that my "love list" is too short.  Whenever someone sins and I have little or no relationship with them, my default is to accuse and judge.  If I have relationship my default is to forgive and to find grace for them.  Why the difference?

Peter wants us to love more people and to forgive more people.  In fact I think he would extent the "more people" to everyone!  Love with an intense love.  God's love.

Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment