Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mt28

Matthew ends with a challenge that demands my life! Am I making disciples?  If not, why not?  Isn't obeying Jesus the only way to truly live my life?

It is amazing to me how few christians think about what God actually wants them to do.  For the most part, we live to have God serve us.  It is as though we believe that He exist for our good pleasure.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Jesus established that all authority in heaven and earth was HIs.  The final battle He fought and won, was the battle over sin and death!  Since He conquered both, total dominion was and is HIs.  As the absolute authority over all things (including me), He has the right to command my life.

The only question left for me is, "Will I obey His command?"  To not, would be to ignore what I know to be true.  How could I not obey Him?



1 comment:

  1. it is amazing, like john, to report that His commands are not burdensome because of Christ's work in my heart.

    i can testify with confidence, that it was God who softened me.

    ReplyDelete