Monday, February 24, 2014

Mk11

When Jesus surveyed the temple, He did not like what He saw. Since our bodies are His temple now, what does He see that He doesn't like? Is my life a life of prayer? Are the things I am giving my life for the things that are distracting from or enhancing my eternal reward?

Jesus surveyed the temple one day and the next day returned with zeal! He made a mess of the place proclaiming, "My house is to be a place of prayer. You have turned it into a den of robbers!" Today Christ's temple resides in the life of every believer. I wonder what Jesus' observations are.

Are we like the unfruitful fig tree? Do we say one thing with our words and a completely different thing with our lives? Would our life be characterized by prayer and obedience? Are we living in a manner that pleases God?

These are all good questions to be asking ourselves from this chapter.  Live to please Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment