Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mk7

Many "worship" Jesus with their lips, but their heart is far from God! If you want to know where your heart is, examine where you spent your money and time.

Jesus condemned the pharisees for saying one thing and doing another! They were the ones who justified themselves before God. They were the ones who condemned others, yet did the bare minimum required by the law. They justified themselves by themselves without looking to Jesus and His example. Their standard of righteousness was each other.

Unfortunately, I am often more like a pharisee than I am like Jesus! What about you? Following Jesus is easy with my words. Actually doing what Jesus would want me to do is a difficult challenge every day. I know my heart is desperate and sinful. My personal prayer is that Jesus will continue to give me a "new heart". He says I can move my heart by moving my treasure.

God help all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment