Friday, June 20, 2014

Rm6

Anyone who gives themselves permission to sin because of God's grace and forgiveness, totally misunderstands both sin and grace!

After talking about God's unbelievable grace and His gift of righteousness apart from works, people gave the most absurd response! They said, "If this is the case, we should sin more. Because the more we sin, the more we receive God's grace." Paul's response to this statement was the most emphatic absolute NO he could write. He wrote, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

In other words, Paul's writes that God's gifts of grace and righteousness should keep us from sinning, not encourage us to sin more. Yet, that idea still exist today. Unfortunately, I have chosen sin with this concept in mind. It was a really bad choice. Yes, God has forgiven me. He always does. Yet, every choice to sin hurts me, my relationship with others and the advancement of the gospel.

If you chose sin because of grace, you are a fool. Chose to not sin because of grace. It is a much better choice.

1 comment:

  1. I believe and trust God for all His goodness. I choose not to sin.

    ReplyDelete