Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ac26

Paul's message: repent and turn to God, and do works worthy of repentance. Paul never confused "works" with faith, yet he always expected "faith to work"!

I know many "followers" of Jesus who believe that work is not needed to be a Christ follower. Hmm. I agree that we cannot earn our salvation through works. I agree that we cannot pay for our sins by good works. I agree that we do not earn righteousness through works…but mature faith alway works!

How can we call ourselves "Christ followers" if we in fact are not "following Christ"? To not do the works of salvation is to demonstrate we understand little about faith. If I claim to follow Cyclone basketball, but have heard nothing of Steve Prohm, you should question if I am actually a "follower".

Faith works. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment