Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Rm2

Which would be a better description of us? 1. Self-seeking, pursuing temporal things or, 2. Doing good for others, pursuing eternal reward. The former will receive God's wrath. The latter will receive His reward.

These are strong and convicting words from the apostle Paul today! Every time I read chapter 2, I am convicted. Not because I feel condemnation, but because I am so easily caught up in the wrong pursuits. Self is a horrible God. Self always demands my life. When I give into myself, I am totally unsatisfied.

Once again, God's word gives us an opportunity to examine ourselves and see if we are pursuing the right things. Life is short and easily spent on things that don't matter. I plan to live my life in pursuit of greater things. Let's run hard together after the things that matter forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment