Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Mt23

Jesus said to the religious elite of His day, "How can you escape the condemnation of hell?" He also told the crowd, "Do what they say, but don't do what they do."

What was the problem? In a nutshell Jesus said they "did not practice what they taught". They said one thing and did another! They defined hypocrisy. Their teachings were burdensome and condemning. Their lives were full of judgement and criticism.

But what about us? Are we the same on the inside as we are on the outside? Are we quick to admit fault and ask for forgiveness? Do we tell our children, "do what I say, not what I do" or "follow me as I follow Christ"? Do we live a duplicitous life? I hope not. I pray not.

Live one life today. Jesus said, "the greatest among you is the servant of all."

No comments:

Post a Comment