Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mk11

Is our church characterized by prayer? Are our lives characterized by prayer? Jesus was angry with what He saw in the temple complex. The gathering of God's people had become a market for prophet rather than a place to encounter God.

Jesus said, "My house shall be called a house of prayer for the nations." Not only should our churches be characterized by prayer, those prayers should not be selfish! What are we praying for? Are we praying for the "nations"?

Every day at 10:02 my alarm goes off. It is a reminder for me to pray for laborers in God's harvest. In Luke 10:2 Jesus asked His disciple to pray for laborers. We should all be praying. My 10:02 alarm is just one way I remind myself to pray.

Prayer should be our pattern, not just an afterthought.

No comments:

Post a Comment