Wednesday, September 7, 2016

2Tm3

Do we desire to live godly lives in Christ Jesus? If so, here is a verse we should all memorize. "Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted…"

I have seen a lot of verses on memory cards, but I don't ever recall this one being in my discipleship packet! Most of those verses tended to make me think that following Jesus would make my life easier and not harder. It is verses like this one that really clarifies what it means to truly follow Jesus. I wonder how many believers around the world are enduring the persecution promised in this verse today?

Most of my suffering is cause by my sin! Most of my pain is cause by the poor decisions that I make or poor decisions those I love make. I would be hard pressed to give one illustration of how I have been persecuted for the sake of Christ. Can you think of any? I would love to hear your examples.

Thank God for His blessings. They are not guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment