Friday, September 30, 2016

Jn12

Jesus said to Peter, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand." Peter said to Jesus, "You will never wash my feet."

Peter was always resisting the plans of Jesus! Not because he didn't love Jesus, but because he couldn't understand what Jesus was doing. Peter needed to have faith in Jesus, not in himself. Jesus could see into the future. Peter could only see in the past and the present. Peter's perspective almost always had him resisting the will of God.

I am the same way. I often think that I know what God wants to do and it is not at all what He wants to do. My thoughts are clouded with my own desires. My actions are shaped by those same desires. Jesus knew Peter would see clearly in time. Jesus knew Peter's heart was to follow Him. He needed to see from a different perspective. Peter would understand in time.

What is God wanting to do with us today that we are resisting because of our wrong perspective? It is not enough to love Jesus. He wants our faith and obedience. He will not follow our desires for Him. He is God. We are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment