Monday, May 20, 2013

Ac11

Two words that never go together, "No Lord". Yet we speak them way too often.  When Jesus challenged Peter about his life-long religious activities, he simply told him "no".  Jesus was pushing into Peter's prejudice in a way that he was unable to understand.  He had personal blind-spots when it came to loving ALL people.

What is God calling you to do for Him that you still refuse?  In what circumstances are you using that oxymoronic statement, "no Lord"?  Peter needed a lesson in love.  What lesson is Jesus trying to teach you?  Are you unable to trust Jesus?  Why not say "yes" to Him?

I know for me it always has something to do with my personal comfort or desires.  I want to do the minimum rather than do everything that God would want me to do.  When I make that choice, I am being a fool.  I choose to say "yes Lord" today.  Will you join me?

troy 

No comments:

Post a Comment