Friday, May 31, 2013

Ac20

There are two kinds of people in the world; givers and takers.  Which are you?

Paul lived his life to give it away!  He said, "I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God's grace."  He lived to give his life away.  He quoted Jesus as saying, "It is better to give than to receive."

I find myself in a constant struggle between living for myself and living for others, living for myself or living for God.  One quick measure of who is winning the struggle is to look at my "give-able resources".  God has given everything to us; life, breath, time, money, talents and things.  How I allocate those things is the best indicator of who I am living for?  Who is getting my life?  Who is getting yours?

When I live for myself, I discover a deep level of emptiness and a lack of satisfaction.  When I am living and thinking about living for God and serving HIm, or living to love others and serve them, my life is full of satisfaction.  It is not an easy way to live and I have limited skills.  Yet, God is teaching me to live.  By that I mean, to really live!

Be a giver today!  We have been given everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment