Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ac23

"I have lived my life before God in all good conscience." -Apostle Paul  We should all make it our goal to be able to say this!  Wow, what a difference that would make.  Not to stop sinning, but to take responsibility for our sin and to make things right.

Just yesterday I said some things in a meeting that I now regret.  My words were reckless and hurtful.  Proverbs 12:18 says, "Reckless words are like a piercing sword, but the words of the wise bring healing."  I often speak words that cut, rather than words that heal.  This was the case yesterday.  Today I had to ask forgiveness.

Paul also spoke rashly.  When he was struck for his words, he spoke to the "high priest" in anger!  When he was confronted with his actions, he immediately corrected himself.  Words have meaning.  Words have power.  Use your words in a manner that is pleasing to God.  Jesus said, "we will give an account before God for EVERY WORD spoken in this body".  That is a humbling thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment