Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rm5

How would you prove your love to someone?  God proved His love for us by dying for us!  And we were His enemies.  Think about the best thing you ever did for anyone that you love.  If you are like me there is no comparison.  Nothing close.  I sometimes even wonder if I love anyone but me.  My love for others seems to almost always be mixed with selfish motives.

God is so different from me.  His love is unconditioned and is never deserved.  He owes us nothing but wrath and judgement for our sin.  Instead, He pours out grace and forgiveness for everyone who has faith.  Through sin, death reigns in all of us.  Through God's gift we can have life through faith.  Why would anyone refuse this exchange?  Yet so many do.

But wait, why do I refuse to fully trust and obey Him in everyday situations?  I truly have faith for eternity.  Where is my faith in the daily things of this life?  Isn't it more logical to have faith daily than to trust in the life that we know nothing of?  Am I deceiving myself about the true quality of my faith?  Hmm.

Deep thoughts from a shallow man.

No comments:

Post a Comment