Friday, June 21, 2013

Rom7

What a wretched man I am! Who will save me from sin? A: Jesus.

These are the comments of one of my friends on this chapter.  I can't say it better.

"That's what Paul writes in this chapter.  Paul!  If that's how Paul describes himself, what can I say about myself?  I too am an evil man.  I want to do good, but evil pours out of me.  Imagine if your thoughts played out on a screen for everyone to view?  Ummm, yeah, that would be ugly.  I am an evil man.  
I am so thankful that Jesus rescued me.  My flesh still fails me over and over again, but I am not bound to that sin and I know the Lord continues to call me to Him.  Thank the Lord that he conquered sin for us."

Sin is a moster seeking to ruin us everyday.  The battle rages, but we have victory in Jesus.  Thanks be to God who rescues us from this body of sin.  It is nice to have a savior.  I can't imagine what I would be without Him.

Live strong today.

No comments:

Post a Comment