Monday, November 25, 2013

1Jn5

How do you think John would answer this question; How can you know if someone is a christian? What have we learned from his book that he would say?

In this final chapter he says, "I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life." He also said, "He who has the Son has life. The one who does not have the Son of God does not have life." I believe these are summary statements.

Without question, John taught that salvation is rooted solely in Jesus and one's response to Him. Yet, it is also in this letter that we have some of the strongest challenges to how a "true christian" lives. John was concerned for the sincere faith of God's people. I believe much of the challenge in our culture, and in his, was with those who would claim "faith" yet have no evidence of that faith as a pattern of their lives.

In the end only God knows who is saved! As I read and study this book, I am grateful for the conviction and life of the Holy Spirit in my life. It is only by God's grace that I can walk and live in these truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment