Wednesday, November 27, 2013

3Jn

I have no greater joy than this: to hear that my children are walking in the truth. -Apostle John

Without question a parent takes great delight in the life of their children. Nothing does more for my heart than to hear a godly report about one of my children. When they are eagerly following God, His word and His ways, my heart soars with joy. Whenever I hear someone say, "Did you hear about your daughter…", "Your son….", my heart gets prepared either for great joy or overwhelming heartache. I am so grateful that most often the things I hear fill my heart with joy.

But John was primarily talking about his "spiritual children". Those who he had introduced to Jesus. Those who would consider him their spiritual father! I have seven biological children, and by God's grace, many spiritual ones! By God's design we are to continually be seeing children "born into His family by faith." In a similar way our hearts are connected to those "children". In a similar way we can take great delight in the progress of their faith.

The challenge today is to be prolific in our faith! There will be heartaches, but there will also be great joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment