Monday, July 21, 2014

1Co11

When our church gatherings focus on ourselves rather than Jesus, they do more harm than good! Even in the first century churches needed to be reminded "why" we gather.

We gather in honor and obedience to Jesus. We are to be worshiping Him. We should be saying, "Was God pleased with my worship today?" NOT, "Did you enjoy the service today?" When we become the object of our gatherings, we become self worshipers!

I have been guilty of attending worship for myself. Have you? I too often make the barometer of personal opinion the measure of "how good" a service is. It seems as though many of the Corinthians were enjoying their gatherings too much. It actually became a party for them which became burden to the apostle Paul. 

I pray we can focus our gatherings on pleasing Jesus. He is the reason we gather.

No comments:

Post a Comment