Wednesday, July 16, 2014

1Co8

"Knowledge inflates with pride, but love builds up." Love focuses on others. Pride is only interested in self!

Which is a greater motivation for you? Yourself or others? What are you most likely to do? The things that will benefit others or the things that will benefit you? When put in this perspective, I know I have a huge struggle with pride! Pride in this chapter can be defined as, "doing what I know I can and want without regards for the feelings and concerns of others."

On the other hand, we all know that Paul was a "meat eater!" Sometimes he ate. Sometimes he abstained. Was he being hypocritical? Was he "not sure" as to what he should do? Absolutely not. Paul did whatever would most benefit the gospel and advance Christ's love. At times he ate. At times he abstained. The decision maker for him was not what he wanted. His decision was made based on what would best advance the gospel and demonstrate love to others.

What would change in my life if I truly lived like that? What would change in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment