Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lk17

Nothing destroys our relationship with God more than an ungrateful heart. When we spend our mental energy wanting more from God, we fail to see how much He has already given us.

The overflow of Jesus' life was to bring physical healing to those around him. In this chapter, He healed 10 men with a serious skin disease. They cried out to Him and He healed them. Yet only ONE thought to say "thank-you". They were on death's door. Jesus healed them. And only one gives thanks! Even Jesus was shocked at this.

But what about me? I might not have a serious skin disease, but I have been given much by Jesus. The healing I have been given is far more significant than a skin problem. I have been healed of my sin problem. Not only do I have forgiveness, I have been given eternal life! Yet, I struggle to be marked by gratitude. I often find myself wanting more from Jesus, without being thankful for what I have been given.

Sadly, I am more like the others than the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment