Thursday, August 13, 2015

2C012

What struggles with sin are currently hindering our progress of faith? Are they the same sins we struggled with when we first met Christ or are they new and different struggles?

We all know we fall short of the goal: to be like Christ, but we all should be growing in our faith and our relationship with Him. Sins that we once were crippled by should be in our past or at least a way less common struggle. We are to be "maturing in our faith".

I often find myself struggling with the same things! I wonder if the struggles will always be there or if it will ever totally go away. Most recently I have been struggling with my "lack of love" for all people. I tend to be more "selective" in my love and more conditional with whom I love. This is clearly NOT christian maturity.

Maybe my lack of love is just evidence of my failure to deal with sin. Maybe my lack of love IS the sin. I wonder what the apostle Paul would want to correct me specifically in. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment