Friday, August 7, 2015

2Co8

Why is generosity more often seen among the poor than among the rich? Why do those who generally have the least give more proportionally that those who have the most? How is it in our lives? Are we generous?

I remember when I was younger thinking, "If I ever make what I make now, I will give 50% away. I thought, who needs so much money!" Guess what, I don't give at that level. In fact, as my income has increased, so has my consumption of that income. Yet my happiness is unchanged. I am faithful to always give 10% plus to the things of God, but I still keep the majority. I am alway convicted by this passage.

The Macedonians gave generously! They begged for the opportunity to give. They were under intense affliction and in the midst of extreme poverty, yet they gave generously! What a great example. What a challenge.

Be generous. It matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment