Friday, August 28, 2015

Eph4

Humility, gentleness, patience and acceptance. These are the first qualities Paul lists for those who desire to "walk worthy" of the calling of the gospel. Gospel living is about living for others not ourselves. This is always a hard call.

As I think about my life and the qualities that describe me, unfortunately these likely would not make the top of my list. Especially gentleness and patience. But, God is not expecting perfection! He is desiring growth, progress and movement. I pray these qualities are growing in my life. I pray they are growing in yours.

Character is often built through effort over time. Christian character is primarily determined by submission rather than effort. Don't get me wrong, submission and obedience take a ton of effort. Knowing the right thing to do is way different than actually doing it!

Surrender to God's ways today.

No comments:

Post a Comment