Thursday, March 17, 2016

1Co11

When our church gathers are people more likely to be motivated to love and good deeds, or more likely to become more distant from God and each other? Paul said the Corinthian church's gatherings were more harmful than helpful!

I have attended church gatherings in the past that actually distracted my relationship with Jesus. As a child, "church" was likely one of the main reasons I never wanted to be a christian. There was no gathering of people that was more boring or uneventful. Going to church was purely a religious duty. I could not wait until I got old enough to not go!

My biggest problem was that I was not a believer. The Spirit of God was not living in me. But some of the problem was on my church. In a word, it was BORING. My thought was, "if gatherings in God's name are the most boring times of my life then God must be boring."

I pray our church gatherings are actually promoting Christ. Nothing should be more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment