Monday, March 28, 2016

2Co2

The gospel is the fragrance of life to all who believe, but it is the stench of death to those who refuse to believe! - The Apostle Paul

Our sense of smell is closely associated with memory. Personally, I know that some smells always remind me of certain things. I remember the smell of moms cooking (especially breakfast). I remember the smell of Pam's perfume when we were first dating. I remember these smells, and instantly good memories come.

But what if my mom's cooking was horrible? And what if Pam had broken my heart rather than become my bride? These same smells would have brought back completely different memories! These same smells would have produced bad memories!

Paul says our lives smell! Hopefully it is the "smell" of the gospel. Some will love us for it. Some will reject us for it. It is the gospel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment