Thursday, August 18, 2016

Ac23

Is there anything in our lives that we are truly passionate about? Passionate to the point of being willing to "fight" for what we believe? Are those things worth fighting for?

If I think about the things that have made me fighting mad lately I am a bit embarrassed. Not only are the things that angered me pretty insignificant, they mostly revolve around my own desires and selfishness! I am most eager to fight for and defend my desires and comforts.

I can't remember the last time I was impassioned for the cause of Chris or something worthy of my full emotion and effort. I truly love Jesus and His church. I plan to live my life to advance church planting on college campuses, but too often my emotions are given to lesser things.

Paul's life was consumed with one thing! His opponents lives were consumed with destroying that one thing! Our lives tend to be consumed with many things. And frankly, mostly of things that don't really matter.

Let's connect our hearts and emotions to things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment