Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Jn14

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you…. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you." - Jesus

Jesus was getting ready to give his life for us all on the cross. He knew exactly what He was about to do. After washing the disciples feet, He began to teach them about the Holy Spirit. He knew the disciples would feel "orphaned". He knew that they would feel "disrupted in their souls." Yet He promised to "come" and He promised to give "peace".

Do we feel the loving embrace of God as father? Are we daily living in the "peace" that only God can provide? Or…do we feel abandoned and unsettled?

Look closely at what Jesus instructed His disciples. He said, "walk in my words". The emotional stability that we get from God that was promised in Jesus is NOT simply from an intellectual understanding of salvation. It comes as an overflow of a life of faith. If we are not feeling the presence and peace of Christ, it is likely because we are not walking in obedience to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment