Friday, October 7, 2016

Jn17

Eternal life begins the moment we meet Jesus. He said, "This is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."

There is a big difference between knowing "about" Jesus and "knowing Jesus". From childhood I was taught about Jesus. It wasn't until I was 17 that I truly met Him. I heard people talk about a "personal relationship with Jesus", but the relationship I had with God was definitely not personal. It was distant at best.

At 17, I can say that I met Jesus personally. That experience continues to change my life every day. My relationship with Jesus is personal and transformational. It is the most important relationship in my life. This relationship has not come through the work that I have done, but rather through the gift of the Holy Spirit that I received by faith.

Can we all say that we are experiencing "eternal life"? Is our relationship with Jesus personal?

No comments:

Post a Comment