Friday, June 15, 2012

Ro3

If going to heaven is dependent on my good deeds, I am going to hell for sure! There is no better gift than the one given to those who believe in Jesus! They are declared righteous in the presence of God. Not by their works, but rather by Jesus' work.

The majority of unbelievers I know think that the path to heaven is paved by their "good deeds" and that they have done enough to merit God's acceptance.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  In fact, they have merited God's mounting wrath!

We have done nothing "good" to earn God favor.  That is why He sent Jesus!  It is by His life that we can be declared righteous before God not ours.  Only through His work can we stand before a holy and just God.

read it here.



1 comment:

  1. I love Cornerstone Church and their commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and grace alone by faith alone in Him alone.

    I also love that Cornerstone is faithful to preach the true and Biblical consequences of rejecting this gift and grace of God.

    As difficult and divisive as it can be, it is what the Bible teaches and Cornerstone is committed to that.

    I love my church!

    ReplyDelete