Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2Co9

Would you describe your relationship with Christ as "an indescribable gift"?  Paul, when thinking about the generosity of others, was reminded of how much Jesus had given Him.

When we meditate on what we have been given in Christ, rather than on what we we don't have, our attitude will reflect the gospel.  Last night we were without power.  We talked to the workers who were working late into the night and asked, "How much longer until we get power?"  Unbelievably, we would have to wait 5-7 hrs!

After thinking about our situation last night, I was again bummed at how quickly I respond wrongly.  What I should have said to the workers was, "Thank you so much for working to restore our power.  I can't believe you have to work in the middle of the night.  My family is very grateful."

That would have been a better response.


Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment