Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gal6

Every time a true Christ follower falls to sin, I am drawn to this chapter.  It gives great guidance as to what and how to be helpful.  It is one of the most powerful chapters in the whole bible.

Caught does not mean "discovered".  It actually means "overtaken." We all struggle with sin and there will be times when it "catches" us.  We are literally overcome with whatever it is.  

Generally, when I find out someone is in sin, I immediately want to distance myself from them; especially if they are close to me.  (We have all felt the pain of someone close to us failing in a horrible way.) This passage says that I should do the opposite of that!  My goal should be to "restore" them.  My method should be "gentle".

It is amazing how often God's ideas are the opposite of mine.  My method would be to "kick the sinner to the curb" and to do it "with anger and hurt".  That method would eventually make me the next victim and would keep me from wanting to be honest about my sin...ever!

Who needs to be gently restored today?

read it here.

troy



No comments:

Post a Comment