Thursday, April 17, 2014

Jn9

What change has Jesus made in your life? What is your story? The man in John 9 simply said, "This I know. Once I was blind, now I see." The second time he met Jesus, and the first time he saw him, he declared, "I believe Lord!" and he worshiped Jesus.

I love this story. The religious leaders were so intent on killing Jesus that they completely overlooked the awesome miracle that stood before them. Rather than rejoice with this young man, they accused and questioned him. They even accused and questioned his parents! They were so lost in their religion that they could not see.

Their belief, or lack thereof, truly blinded them. It makes me wonder what is blinding me. Are there things that I have "decided" that keep me from seeing what Jesus is doing? Are there things in my life that actually distract me from true worship?

Lord help us to all see clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment