Monday, August 4, 2014

2C05

Wow, what a chapter of the bible! The riches of God's truth are contained in every verse. As I read this morning, it was as though I was hearing a wonderful sermon.

My heart was stuck on this one verse: "For Christ's love compels us." What am I compelled by each day? Is it ever really my love for Christ? Is that love determining my relationships and how I act when dealing with others? Generally, the answer would be "no". Yet Paul lived with this as his motivation.

With that in mind, notice the focus of this chapter. It is about living in such a way that others would come to know Jesus. It is about sharing the truth of the gospel in a world that has their own idea of "truth". It is about being willing to take risk relationally in order for God, not people, to be pleased.

Let God's love compel us today! Find someone to share His truth with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment