Thursday, August 7, 2014

2Co8

Have you ever begged for the opportunity to give? Generosity is one expression of change caused by the gospel. Notice their generosity was not a factor of how much they had, but rather an expression of their hearts. It was out of poverty and affliction that they gave generously.

I am always convicted by this chapter. Most of my giving cost me very little. Rarely have I given sacrificially, and generally, I give out of the excess that God has provided. I wonder how much God would have me to change my giving patterns? I know that I should always give at least the first tenth of all I have.  I know I should give my best. I know I should give so others can hear the gospel. I know I should give because I have been given so much. But this chapter is about motivation.

These believers were begging to give! Paul was encouraging the Corinthians to be just like them. I am confident he would be encouraging us to be the same way. He would desire our hearts to overflow with generosity AND for that to be evidenced in our sacrificial giving.

How do you feel about your giving? Are you giving the minimal 10%? Are you giving less? Do you give your best and first? Have you ever given sacrificially?

Something to consider.

troy 

No comments:

Post a Comment