Tuesday, August 5, 2014

2Co6

Our effectiveness in ministry is often "limited by our own affections". In order to have the greatest impact for Christ, we will have to limit the number of resources we spend on our own desires. As we grow in our faith, our desires should be more in line with what God desires for us.

Every day I wake up selfish. I always know what I want and it is a challenge to not pursue those desires. From a small thing like a little more of sleep, to a big thing like investing in someone's life in a big way, my greatest enemy is me. I am far from being able to say, "I do everything for the sake of Christ".

Why does this struggle continue? I often know the right thing to do and yet I do it incrementally. This is a life-long battle. I am sure this is why Paul writes elsewhere, "I die daily so Christ can live."

Consider being unselfish today.



No comments:

Post a Comment