Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Rv3

Do we listen to what God is saying? Are our ears tuned in to the voice of the Spirit? It is tragic to not listen to the voice of God.

We constantly have voices that compete for our attention and affection. I don't know about you, but those who know me accuse me of not being a great listener. They likely wouldn't even call me a good listener! In fact, some actually say I am a bad listener. 

Listening is a great quality to have. It communicates love and value for the one speaking. Listening takes the attention off of self and puts it on to someone else. James, the brother of Jesus, said that we are to be "quick to listen".

How much more should listening apply to the voice of God? Are we listening? Are we taking the time to read God's word, to hear His voice and to obey what He says? Only fools don't listen to God.

Be a listener today.

No comments:

Post a Comment