Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Ac1

What unites us with other believers in Christ? Is it prayer? Prayer characterized the relationships of the 1st believers. "They were continually united in prayer."

I would like to witness a prayer time with the early disciples! Unfortunately, I don't think believers pray like they did at all. In fact, I can remember few times in my 40 years of being a christian that I really felt connected to God and other believers in prayer. Generally, for groups I'm involved in, prayer is something we do at the beginning and ending of meetings.

Prayer is rarely the content of what we do! As we journey through the book of Acts, let's pay attention to the frequency and duration of prayer in the lives of the early believers. I know it will be convicting to me. I assume it will be convicting to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment