Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ac5

If God killed every person who lied about their generosity toward the church, how many of us would be dead?! I would be afraid to know. Honestly, I wonder if I would be dead.

One of the greatest areas of deceit in the church is "how much one gives". My experience has been that people will say that they are givers. Most even say that they tithe! (giving 1/10 of their income) What I have discovered is that rarely do I find a generous christian…and almost always those who claim to "tithe" actually don't!

Lying about giving didn't work out so good for the couple in this chapter. They purposed together to boast about their giving and to actually lie about the amount! Talk about famous last words!

We know we should be generous. We also know we struggle with giving. We should never fake generosity or lie about what we are actually giving. Honesty and generosity matter to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment