Friday, May 22, 2015

Ac13

Jesus did for us what we could never do for ourselves. There is no salvation apart from believing in Jesus. There is no believing in Jesus apart from God's sovereign grace.

I thank God today that I was not only given the gift of salvation, but also the gift of faith. I believe. God has blessed me with His choice. Without God's loving grace, I could have never been saved. Paul said that believing in Jesus did (brought salvation) what keeping the law could never do. Only through faith in Jesus in anyone saved.

When the Jews heard that "salvation by works" would never accomplish salvation, they totally rejected Paul's message. It's crazy! They really thought they were justifying themselves. Unbelievable. Yet today, many who have not placed faith in Jesus feel as though they are justified before God.

I am so grateful for grace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment