Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Rv11

Have you read today's chapter! Do you understand exactly what will happen and when? Well…neither do I. If you think you do, I am confident you actually don't. These are spectacular and unimaginable things. Things really hard to believe. Yet, I believe every word will come true.

The most spectacular, unimaginable thing to believe in all of scripture is the incarnation of Christ. Jesus was God and He became a man! And more incredible than that, He became a baby! A real live, vulnerable, needy, dependent, helpless baby! We celebrate this fact. We call it Christmas.

When I get to chapters like this I think, "I should study that out more. I should try to understand what is going on". Then I read and study it out more, and get even more confused than I was at my first reading. Then I remember Christmas. Prior comprehension of christmas is so unimaginable that I can only have understanding after the fact has occurred. And that understanding is still only limited!

If I could totally understand and comprehend God…He would likely really not be God. My brain is way to finite to grasp His infiniteness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment