Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Rv2

If Jesus was to write a personal letter to me today, what would it say? Would it be a letter of rebuke or encouragement? Would it be harsh or gentle? I think this is a good thing to think about.

I receive all kinds of letters (mostly electronic). Generally the letters are simple information; come here at this time, do this, can you believe this?, buy this, etc. Occasionally I will get a letter of substance; something personal, something thoughtful, something that i truly needed to hear.

As I read these letters today to the churches, I felt as though I was reading someone else's mail. A letter not intended for me, but letters that were personal, thoughtful and needed. Honestly, the Ephesian letter hit me the most. Especially this line, "You have abandoned the love you had at first."

There is nothing like first love. Time to get back to what really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment