Wednesday, July 17, 2013

1C09

The greatest discipline is the "discipline of godliness". One expression of that discipline is sharing the gospel with others. Paul said, "I do all things for the sake of the gospel." His time, his words, his resources and his activities were rooted in his intense desire that Christ would be known by as many as possible.

I am truly convicted by Paul's lifestyle. He did "all things" for the gospel. I do "some things" for the sake of the gospel. Many do "occasional things" for the sake of the gospel. Most do "no thing" for the sake of the gospel. I believe Paul is calling believers to examine the "things" in their life and to make sure that the gospel is the central "thing" that motivates us.

When is comes to gospel living there are several things to consider. 1. Do I actually know God and have I been changed by the gospel? 2. Does my life reflect a continual growth toward Jesus because of the gospel? 3. Are others being drawn to Jesus because of my witness for the gospel? These are all questions that all christians should be asking themselves.

Paul set the bar high and gave us a great example to follow. Take another step toward Christ today.

No comments:

Post a Comment